Monday, April 30, 2007

I don't really know what to post right now

I'm starting to feel like the schoolyard bully picking on the weakest kid when it comes to the Yankees...I even WANTED them to win on Saturday cause I would have felt too awful if the Yankees had lost because of Karstens' broken leg. So, I'll try to focus on the Red Sox and temporarily IGNORE the rivalry.

The good news:

Starting May with the best record in baseball - not too shabby.

The bad news:

Still 5 more months to play. Plenty of time for a spectacular flop.

The good news:

Tim Wakefield and Josh Beckett both have ERAs under 3.00.

The bad news:

Beckett gets a ridiculous amount of run support and Wakefield gets none. We can't count on Beckett having such good luck in the future, but based on past seasons, I don't really expect Wake's luck to improve. Makes me SO mad cause he's such a great pitcher!

The good news:

Papelbon carried a 0.0 ERA through April for the second straight year.

The bad news:

Okay, there's no downside here!


And now for the Goofy Face Made While Throwing a Ball Photo of the Week (yes, I think I'll make it a weekly feature). The honor goes to Julio Lugo:




On a related note, Freaky Arm Angle Photo of the Week goes to Julian Tavarez (also runner-up for Goofy Face honor):

1 comment:

Jane said...

OH MY GOD I JINXED PAPELBON! That's it, I am never saying anything positive again.