Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Is it too early in the season to start complaining?

I know it's still early but I think I wouldn't be a real Red Sox fan if I didn't second-guess the management, right? Right.

1. I don't get the whole Coco Crisp thing. Wily Mo Pena is so much better! He's like a little Papi in the making! The kid can hit!

2. Manny, I loved your newfound affinity for drawing walks last season but come on - only ONE extra base hit yet this season? You're supposed to be a slugger. Hit home runs. If Manny's going to continue with all the walks, let him bat BEFORE Ortiz so he's on base when Papi goes yard! Duh!

3. Who is Dustin Pedroia?

4. Why does Tim Wakefield NEVER seem to get run support? (I guess the management really doesn't have control over that, I just feel bad for the guy cause he's such a workhorse but his record never seems to reflect his talent.)

Okay, I guess I don't really have that many beefs with the Sox management right now. Just felt like ranting a little bit. Overall I'm quite happy with the way the team has been playing! And one person that I want to especially commend: Julian Tavarez, for not being a prima donna who gets all bent out of shape if his start is pushed back or eliminated for a week. It's a team sport, boys.

So, what's going on with the Yankees, pinstripe fans? Any complaints or too giddy with the excitement of A-Rod's returned offensive prowess?

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Is it "that many beefs" or would it be "that much beef"? I didn't know that "beef" was singular when used as slang. Maybe I should look it up in the Urban Dictionary.