Thursday, April 19, 2007

There are certain inevitable truths...

A funny thing happened today, the Red Sox won. And figuring that nothing could ruin my day after the sox put another tick in the win column, I took a look at the other scores around the major leagues. Much to my dismay the Yankees were losing 5-2 in the 7th inning. At this point I was about to pat myself on the back for going to church on Sunday. But then it struck me. Honest to God I thought, "the Yankees aren't going to lose this game." At this point I went for a run and left it to fate (and apparently A-rod) to decide the outcome. Well low and behold not two minutes ago I just sat back down at my computer and of course I was right...the Yankees won. I am not even surprised, more upset I didn't go buy a lottery ticket (Saturday's drawing is worth $47 million). Seriously, I am about to put A-rod on my fantasy team, and it is really hard for a Yankee to get on my fantasy team. Also, now I really am glad I went to church because it would have ruined my day if I had just written off the Yankees only to come back to them winning. At least this way I was prepared...

1 comment:

Jane said...

So, is what you're saying that God made you psychic?