Thursday, April 5, 2007

Let's Start the Season Off Right

As a good old fashioned Red Sox fan, I thought I'd start the season off the way that every Red Sox fan starts off every season. We need to discuss that like every year, barring any injuries, we have the best Red Sox team ever known to mankind. Putting our team's athleticism and pure talent aside, we now have a bilingual team (and I mean they actually speak a second language...Damon's lisp didn't count), have no Jesus look-alike cavemen, and still have Theo. What more could you ask for? I guess maybe if Castro died we could have a trilingual team and we could smoke some very nice cigars as well, but let's not get greedy like those pin striped dough boys that throw like girls.

So, I think it is only fair and perfectly fitting to make a couple of predictions for the 2007 season. First, we are goin for 100 wins. We came two games short back in 2004 and only five games short in 03 and 05. I think it is safe assume that our cheap imported new laborers can make up those five or so games for us. Second, we will clinch the wild card and not the AL East. This might make some of you angry, but it is our destiny. The wild card was created for the Red Sox in order to create a more perfect union. Third prediction, Roger Clemens will be back. I have wondered what it would take to get him back. Clearly winning the series back in 04 wasn't enough for him, but I think he might just be looking for one last ring. And we all know there is only one place to go for that...

I think it is only fitting to mention one last thing as I watch Matsuzaka dominate the Royals. And that is no matter what happens this season, we must remember the five or maybe ten year rule. (See attached link...)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/050721


Thank you for reading, have a nice day.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Dude...I read this 3 times before I caught the Grampy reference. Well done you! It's like our very own version of Where's Waldo.

Jane said...

Question - NOW that we're bilingual? What language, exactly, do you think that David Ortiz, Manny Ramirez, Javier Lopez, Joel Pineiro, J.C. Romero, Julian Tavarez, Alex Cora, Mike Lowell, Julio Lugo, and Wily Mo Pena speak?